Sacred Heart Convent – Mawlai was started on 14th May 1938 under the courageous pioneers, Sr. Cecilia Da Roit, Sr. Margaret Greppi and Sr. Zanetta Corsini who arrived in Shillong to comply to the request of Msgr. Stephen Ferrando, the then Bishop of Shillong with the objective of starting a house. At first they stayed in a rented house “Villa Averine” in Laitumkhrah, as the new house at Mawlai was not yet ready.

It was officially opened on March 14, 1938 by Mother Clotilde M. Cogliolo and was placed under the patronage of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. On March 26, 1939 Sr. Cecilia Daroit was appointed as the first superior of the newly formed community. On July 2, 1939, the sisters entered the new house at Mawlai.

Boarding Kinder Garten
Primary School Sunday Oratory
Middle School Sunday Catechesis
Higher Secondary School Parish Ministry
Pre-Aspirantate Village touring
NIOS Family visits
Salesian Co-operators Past Pupils
Salesian Sisters Of Shillong © | Privacy Policy