History

Through a gift of the Holy Spirit and the direct intervention of Mary, St. John Bosco founded our Institute on August 5, 1872 as a response of salvation to the profound hopes of young girls.

He endowed it with a spiritual heritage that had its inspiration in the charity of Christ the Good Shepherd, and the maternal solicitude of Mary gave witness to a “LOVE THAT ENCOUNTERS CHRIST IN THE YOUNG”and imparted to it a strong missionary impulse.

1877 saw the first expansion of the Sisters work outside Europe and India welcomed the first Sisters in 1922.

14,116 Daughters of Mary Help of Christians or as more popularly known, Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco’s continue to be the perpetual and living monument of Don Bosco’s gratitude to the Mother of God, the Help of Christians, to whom we own all that we have and are. She is the Mother, Teacher and Guide, always and forever the same.

The Superior General who is the centre of unity and communion governs the Institute. The Daughters of Mary Help of Christians are present in 86 nations all over the world and every member lives the sense of belonging to the Institute, enriching it with the diverse forms of living and inculturating the Charism.

 
 
Salesian Sisters Of Shillong © | Privacy Policy